Connect to Ghost
Connect Your Custom Domain to Ghost
Is Ghost the right platform for my website?
Ghost is a powerful blog-publishing platform that's both open-source and fully "hackable". A volunteer-run non-profit organization, Ghost's publishing tools have been downloaded over by over one million developers worldwide. Ghost lets you take full control of your publication's code for maximum control over its appearance, content, and more. What’s not to love? Ghost currently offers a free fourteen-day trial period, after which point you can choose one of four payment plans: "Personal", "Advanced", "Team", or "Business".
How to Connect Your Custom Domain to Your Ghost Site
- Register or transfer your custom domain name to United Domains.
- Log in to your United Domains account and select Domain Connect.
- Select the domain you want to connect, then select “Ghost” as your service.
We'll walk you through what to do next, so that your custom domain gets connected to your Ghost account in no time.
Steps Required to Connect Your Domain to Ghost
After your domain is pointed to Ghost, the final step is to complete the connection from your Ghost account. Make sure you’ve signed up for one of Ghost's pricing plans. Then follow these steps to get your domain up and running:
- Log in to your Ghost account.
- Click on the Owner dropdown menu next the blog you want to set a custom domain for.
- Select Settings.
- In the Custom Domain field, enter "www." followed by your domain (for example, www.yourdomainhere.com")
- Click Save.
That should do it! Your changes should then take affect within 72 hours, but most likely under 24.