- How Domain Pre-Registration Works
- "Does pre-ordering a domain mean I'll definitely get it?"
- The Difference between Pre-Registering and Pre-Ordering a Domain
- "When will I be charged for a binding pre-order?"
- "Will I be charged for a domain pre-order that cannot be registered?"
- Why Some Domain Prices Vary from the Standard Price
FAQ: How Domain Pre-Registration Works
If you're interested in registering a domain with an upcoming extension, you can pre-register or pre-order it to your account at United Domains.
Free and non-binding pre-registration is offered for domains that will be available within the next 3 to 12 months. Pre-registered domains can be deleted from your account at any time, but no other United Domains customer can pre-register a domain you have already pre-registered in your account, because each domain can only be pre-registered once in our system.
Once a domain extension's release date gets closer and its registration price is determined, domains with that extension will become available for binding pre-order. If you have any eligible pre-registrations with this extension in your account, we will send you an email notification. You will then be able to confirm those pre-registrations as binding pre-orders from your account. When your pre-ordered domain extension reaches its General Availability start date, we will attempt to register it for you.
If you do not confirm a pre-registered domain for binding pre-order, it will be removed from your account shortly before the domain becomes available.