- How Domain Pre-Registration Works
- "Does pre-ordering a domain mean I'll definitely get it?"
- The Difference between Pre-Registering and Pre-Ordering a Domain
- "When will I be charged for a binding pre-order?"
- "Will I be charged for a domain pre-order that cannot be registered?"
- Why Some Domain Prices Vary from the Standard Price
FAQ: "Does pre-ordering a domain mean I'll definitely get it?"
No domain registrar can guarantee that a domain order will be registered. We will submit pre-ordered domains for registration when their extensions go live at their respective General Availability start dates. You will not be charged for any unsuccessful domain registrations, so you face no risk in pre-ordering.
We successfully register over 75% of domains our customers pre-order, but we do not guarantee every pre-order will be successful. A registration may fail due to the name being claimed by a trademark holder, or it may be reserved or blocked by the registry. A registration can also fail if the domain has been registered during a domain’s Landrush or Sunrise periods.
You will only be charged for a pre-order after we successfully register it at the beginning of General Availability. If we can't register your domain you will not be charged.