Questions in this Section:
- Common Causes of Domain Connection Problems
- How to Modify a Domain Name's DNS Records
- How To Forward Your Domain To A URL
- Connecting a Domain Name to a Web Host
- Changing Your Nameservers
- Creating an A Record or Static IP Address
- Creating a Subdomain
- Creating MX records to Connect to Your Email Host
- How to Create a CNAME Record
- Creating an SRV Record
- Creating a AAAA Record
- How to set up a TXT record on a domain name
FAQ: Creating an SRV Record
To create an SRV Record for your domain name, just follow these steps:
- Log in to your United Domains Account.
- Under Manage Domains, click DNS button next to the domain you want to update.
- Scroll to DNS Records.
- Your SRV Record should list a value for “Service”, and a value for “Protocol”. In the Domain column, enter both values in the following format:
- Under the Record column, Select SRV Record.
- Under the Value column, enter the following record values in the following format, separating each value with a single space:
Priority Weight Port Target
It is not necessary to specify a TTL (Time to Live). This will be automatically set to 3600 (one hour).
- Click Save.