- Common Causes of Domain Connection Problems
- How to Modify a Domain Name's DNS Records
- How To Forward Your Domain To A URL
- Connecting a Domain Name to a Web Host
- Changing Your Nameservers
- Creating an A Record or Static IP Address
- Creating a Subdomain
- Creating MX records to Connect to Your Email Host
- How to Create a CNAME Record
- Creating an SRV Record
- Creating a AAAA Record
- How to set up a TXT record on a domain name
FAQ: How to Modify a Domain Name's DNS Records
This article explains how to create custom DNS records for registered domain names at United Domains.
Please note that your domain name must be pointed to United Domains' name servers for its DNS records to be accessible from your United Domains account. Click here for instructions on how to change your name servers.
Before you begin, make sure you have your DNS records from your web host or email host. Then follow these steps:
- Log in to your United Domains Customer account.
- Find the domain whose DNS records you want to customize, and click the DNS button next to it.
- Scroll down to the DNS Records section. You can add a new record by clicking the Add button. If you want to delete a DNS Record, click the Delete button to its right.
- When finished, click Save. Please note that updates can take up to 72 hours to propagate.
Here are instructions for creating different types of DNS Records:
If the type of record you want to create isn't listed above, please contact UD Support. Please include both your domain name and the DNS record you want to assign to it.