Questions in this Section:
- Troubleshooting an Invalid Auth Code (Domain Transfer)
- Moving a Domain Name from One United Domains Account to Another
- Transferring a Domain Name to United Domains
- How Long Do Domain Transfers Take?
- "Will a transfer disrupt my website or email?"
- How to Find a Domain's Authorization Code or EPP Code
- Transferring a .UK or .CO.UK Domain to United Domains
FAQ: Moving a Domain Name from One United Domains Account to Another
You can move your domain name to another United Domains account. This process is free for both accounts and does not require you to wait 60 days (as transferring the domain to another registrar would). The domain name will keep its current expiration date.
Before moving a domain to another account, the following conditions must be met:
- The receiving account must have valid Master Data and Billing Data on file. (FAQ: How do I update my account information? | FAQ: How do I update my billing information?.)
- There must be no outstanding payments associated with the domain.
- There must be no active disputes or complaints against the domain.
The domain owner can then contact us to request that the domain be pushed to the receiving user. This request should include the following details:
- the domain to be moved
- the domain's authorization code (FAQ: how do I find my domain's authorization code?)
- the current domain owner's Customer Number (FAQ: Where do I find my United Domains Customer Number?)
- the receiving account's email address on file.
We will then email the receiving account holder to request their confirmation that they accept ownership of the domain. Once this user confirms, the domain will be transferred to that user's account.