- Troubleshooting an Invalid Auth Code (Domain Transfer)
- Moving a Domain Name from One United Domains Account to Another
- Transferring a Domain Name to United Domains
- How Long Do Domain Transfers Take?
- "Will a transfer disrupt my website or email?"
- How to Find a Domain's Authorization Code or EPP Code
- Transferring a .UK or .CO.UK Domain to United Domains
FAQ: "Will a transfer disrupt my website or email?"
In most instances, a transfer of your domain from one registrar to another will not disrupt your website or any other web-related functions. A transfer will retain your previous DNS settings, so there is nothing inherent about the transfer process that would result in downtime for your content.
Please note, if you currently host your domain's site with the same entity you use for domain registration, transferring your domain name might result in your hosting plan being dropped as well. We recommend reaching out to your host provider to ensure that your hosting plan will remain active after a transfer.