Questions in this Section:
- Troubleshooting an Invalid Auth Code (Domain Transfer)
- Moving a Domain Name from One United Domains Account to Another
- Transferring a Domain Name to United Domains
- How Long Do Domain Transfers Take?
- "Will a transfer disrupt my website or email?"
- How to Find a Domain's Authorization Code or EPP Code
- Transferring a .UK or .CO.UK Domain to United Domains
FAQ: How to Find a Domain's Authorization Code or EPP Code
If you need to transfer your domain to another registrar, you'll likely be asked to provide your authorization code (also called an EPP code or auth code) to that registrar. You can generate your authorization code from your United Domains account by following these steps:
- Log in to your United Domains account.
- Click the person-shaped icon at the top of the window and select Billing & Renewal from the drop-down menu.
- Find your domain name listed and click Get Authcode to its right. The code will appear after a few seconds.
Provide the code to your new registrar, and they should be able to place the transfer request.
Note: Per ICANN regulations, most domain names are required to be registered for at least 60 days before they can be unlocked for transfer.