Questions in this Section:
- Common Reasons For Payment Failure
- Do You Accept Payment by Check?
- What Is a Credit Card Authorization Hold?
- How To Update Your Payment Method
- Payment Methods We Accept
- "What is this tiny charge on my credit card statement?"
- Why We Place Credit Card Authorization Holds
- When to Expect Your Credit Card to Be Authorized
- If Your Credit Card is Authorized but Your Order Fails
- "Does receiving an invoice mean I've been charged?"
- If You Receive An Email Saying Your Credit Card Could Not Be Authorized
- If an Item in Your Invoice Says "Domain Renewal Failed"
- "Can I still pay if I get an email saying my payment failed?
FAQ: "What is this tiny charge on my credit card statement?"
After updating your payment method, you may see a small pending charge or refund of less than $2.00 USD on your bank statement.
Not to worry, you haven’t been charged; this transaction is just an authorization hold to confirm your card’s validity.
Authorization holds help us to prevent unauthorized card usage. Your bank may delete this transaction from your account before you even notice it in your statement. To identify a specific listing on your statement, please contact your card’s issuing bank.