- Common Reasons For Payment Failure
- Do You Accept Payment by Check?
- What Is a Credit Card Authorization Hold?
- How To Update Your Payment Method
- Payment Methods We Accept
- "What is this tiny charge on my credit card statement?"
- Why We Place Credit Card Authorization Holds
- When to Expect Your Credit Card to Be Authorized
- If Your Credit Card is Authorized but Your Order Fails
- "Does receiving an invoice mean I've been charged?"
- If You Receive An Email Saying Your Credit Card Could Not Be Authorized
- If an Item in Your Invoice Says "Domain Renewal Failed"
- "Can I still pay if I get an email saying my payment failed?
FAQ: If an Item in Your Invoice Says "Domain Renewal Failed"
If an item in your invoice…
1. begins with the Description “Domain Renewal Failed”
2. lists a negative total under Price (like. “-9.90 USD” instead of “9.90 USD”)
Then this means the domain renewal has failed and the domain is no longer active.
This invoice is only sent for your records and does not indicate a charge. It is not possible to recharge this type of invoice.
Most expired domain names have a period during which they can be restored before they are deleted by their registry (all domain restore prices can be found on our Price List). To request an expired domain’s restoration from redemption, please contact us.