- United Domains and Customers from Europe
- If You Enabled Two-Factor Authentication and Cannot Log In
- About Recovery Codes
- How to Enable/Disable Two-Factor Authentication
- What Is Two-Factor Authentication?
- How to update your account's email address
- How To Find Your United Domains Customer Number
- How To Update Your Account Information
- How To Reset Your Account Password
- How To Contact Support
FAQ: What Is Two-Factor Authentication?
Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your United Domains account. When you enable two-factor authentication, nobody can access your United Domains account without your authorization, even if they know your password.
After enabling two-factor authentication, anyone who attempts to access your account will be prompted to enter a single-use, time-sensitive code that we send to an app your iOS, Android, or Amazon device. This code will be required to log in along with your email address and password.
If for some reason you lose access to the app or your device, there is also a backup method to help you regain access.
Enabling two-factor authentication is highly recommended as it’s the easiest, most secure way to protect your account, information, and domain names.