- United Domains and Customers from Europe
- If You Enabled Two-Factor Authentication and Cannot Log In
- About Recovery Codes
- How to Enable/Disable Two-Factor Authentication
- What Is Two-Factor Authentication?
- How to update your account's email address
- How To Find Your United Domains Customer Number
- How To Update Your Account Information
- How To Reset Your Account Password
- How To Contact Support
FAQ: How To Find Your United Domains Customer Number
Your United Domains Customer Number is a unique number assigned to your United Domains account. You should always include your Customer Number when contacting our support team with a request. It will help us to confirm your identity and assist you more quickly. If you don't have your United Domains Customer Number, here's where you can find it:
On Our Website
You can find your Customer Number while logged in to your customer account. If on desktop, select the account icon (person-shaped symbol) in the upper right. Your Customer Number appears next to your email address:
If on mobile, select the menu button in the upper right, then the account icon (person-shaped symbol). The customer number is next to your email address:
You can also find your customer number in the welcome email you received upon first creating your customer account, and at the top of emails automatically sent from United Domains regarding your account or orders. Please note that your Customer Number may not appear in certain emails, such as newsletters or responses from from our Customer Support team.